Hi there! I'm going to do a quick lipstick review for you today ^^
Over the last month or so, I've been adding to my rather lacking lipstick collection, and two recent additions include the Lasting Finish lipsticks from Rimmel London. I picked them up from Target when they were 30% off - a coral lipstick with gold shimmer called Coral in Gold, and a nude pink lipstick called Nude Pink.
Nude Pink (206), Coral in Gold (210)
I think they retail around $9.95 here in Australia, so I think it's quite an affordable lipstick, especially since you can usually pick them up on sale every now and then.
|Left: Coral in Gold|
Right: Nude Pink
Coral on Gold seemed to be a lovely coral orange shade with some gold shimmer in it, but I didn't end up loving it on my lips - on my pigmented lips the coral shade didn't really come through - it looked more red-orange than coral, and the gold shimmer was more obvious than expected, which looked a bit tacky.
However I do like Coral in Gold a little bit more when I lightly apply it on my lips (covered with some bb cream) using my finger, rather than directly from the bullet. But the downside to that is that the gold shimmer doesn't show up, and the shade appears more pink than coral - and I specifically chose this lipstick because I wanted something that was more orange in colour.
Coral in Gold lightly applied - I'd say the pic on the right is more accurate of the colour.
I also found it to be really drying on my lips - I do have dry lips anyway - but after wearing this about 4 hours I normally find myself wiping it off because my lips do feel dried out. On the plus side I do find the staying power pretty good for those 4 hours (without eating).
Nude Pink also swatches differently on the hand and lips - in store it seemed to a very pretty satin pink, but on my (bb cream covered) lips it's more nude-coral, and the pink doesn't really show.
- affordable pricing
- great range of colours
- glide onto lips smoothly, without tugging/dragging
- decent colour payoff
- satin/slightly shiny finish rather than matte
- decent staying power, but can't comment on whether it lasts the 8 hours advertised as I tend to just take it off when my lips feel dried out, or after eating
- feels quite drying on my lips (will say it doesn't make dry lips look flaky or cracked until after removal)
- sickly sweet scent - quite strong, but does disappear a while after application
- cheap packaging - the Nude Pink lipstick refused to wind up when I opened it, and took about 15 minutes of random twisting before it worked
I probably won't repurchase - Face of Australia do more moisturising lippies for around the same price, so if I wanted new lip colours I'd go to them first. Plus, I just bought 7 lipsticks from Make Up Academy during their 50% off promo, so I won't be needing to buy any for a while yet!