*REVIEW RE-WRITTEN 03/05/2012*
This range has 4 different types:
#1 Sheer silky skin- for oily skin, and a fresh make-up look
#2 Sheer glowing skin- for dry skin, and a moist and glossy look
#3 Sheer flawless skin- for any skin & for redness and blemishes, high covering effect
#4 Sheer shiny skin (All Day Strong) - zero oiliness, bright skin tone
Just like many other bb creams Sheer glowing skin boasts UV protection (SPF30), anti-wrinkle properties, and whitening properties. In addition, this one claims to have a hypo-allergenic and oil-free formula (oil-free is almost always a selling point for me for many of my cosmetic purchases!). Quoted from the package, "Precious Mineral BB Cream promotes silky complexion and brightened look with pearl infused sheer coverage."
- the packaging falls in line with Etude's usual cute and 'princess-y' style packaging
- the bb cream is packaged in a squeeze tube with a pump function, which has to be handled with care to ensure it doesn't squirt everywhere
- 60 grams worth of product - overall value for money is excellent, as it takes me about 4-5 months to finish a tube
- nice consistency with a beige - yellow undertone
- easy to apply with either fingers or foundation brush
- buildable coverage - I just pat extra on problem areas rather than apply a second layer over the whole face
- it does apply quite pale, but should adjust over a half hour or so
- this bb cream gives a dewy finish - avoid if you have an oilier skin type
- primer and finishing powder recommended - particularly during the hot summer as it may end up feeling 'sticky'
|Beige-yellow undertone - the shade will darken slightly as it oxidates|
- coverage is fairly good, it reduces redness and scarring quite a bit, but not completely - I'd say it offers almost-medium coverage, despite the packaging's claim of 'sheer coverage'
- it offers better coverage than my SKIN79 Oriental Gold & Hot Pink
- avoid photo flash as the high SPF factor will give the face a ghostly white cast
- lasting power is quite good for at least 6 hours
- personally I get a number of comments on how fair and nice my skin looks when I wear this - I guess the pearl powder in the bb cream gives skin that luminous type of look?
|Up-close. Blemishes not totally hidden, but significantly reduced, skin looks even and smooth too.|
- better than expected coverage
- affordable and easily accessible on-line
- makes skin look even and luminous
- doesn't have that ashy/grey tone that some bb creams have
- dewiness can lead to stickiness on the face in Summer - not recommended for oily skin
- looks pearly and dewy in good lightings, but tends to look a bit darker in dimmer lightings
Thanks for reading! I have more bb cream reviews under my Beauty Reviews page so feel free to take a look ^^